Vertical Farming is the practice of growing produce in vertically, layered stacks. The farming practices use different growing methods such as soil or hydroponics. Vertical farms are used to produce food in areas where land /Space is less for cultivation.
About Vertical Farming:
Vertical farm is a world-changing innovation whose time has come. Imagine a world where every town has its own local food source, grown in the safest way possible, where no drop of water or particle of light is wasted. Smart farming makes a tremendous contribution to food sustainability in the 21stcentury. The reason is that environmental and water management affects plant growth directly. Vertical farming is considered a modern tool for feeding a large world population by the year of 2050. Erecting a farm that is in close proximity to the people which it serves by the availability of cheaper, organic, disease-free crops alongside sustaining the limited natural
Importance Of Vertical Farming:
- Vertical farming has many advantages. For example, crops can be tightly grown on a smaller unit of land.
- Japan is one of the first countries to have developed vertical farming. It holds the largest share in the global vertical farming market. In Japan, vertical farming is born out of necessity whereas traditional farming is losing its face due to ageing population and rural migration.
- It’s estimated that by 2050, around 80 percent of the world population will live in urban areas. This increased population's hunger for food will result in enough growing space as a way to produce food without it requiring vast fields of land. Vertical farming is the solution for those who require more food in the big urban centers and it enables them to provide what the human population demands.
- Vertical farming reduces the dependency on weather and climate, making the produce available year round.
- Indoor farming is safe and environmentally friendly. It doesn't allow wildlife in and keeps hazardous chemicals off the ground by limiting chemical runoff.
- Vertical farming is a new technique for agricultural production that can be adopted to meet the food requirements of the 21st century and feeds a large population. It provides benefits like decreasing environmental pollution and ensuring food safety, which makes it necessary in vertical farming techniques.
Vertical farming is the answer to future food shortages. If you want a vertical farm in your community, speak to us for more information